I need tips on making a meatloaf! Like.... How do I do it?

What do I put in it? How long do I bake it, what temperature? What do you put in yours? :) I'm pretty sure I can't screw it up it's just meat.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 6:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2012 in Food & Drink

• I put eggs, ro*tel, bread crumbs, salt and pepper, cheese. I bake mine for about 45 minutes at 375 (1 1/2 lbs beef)
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 6:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2012

• I remember my mom squirting ketchup and apple juice in hers, and I remember my grandma putting pineapple and bacon on the outside of hers- unless that was ham? Oi!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2012

• I will give you the recipe for the best meatloaf I have ever had (also the only one I ever liked). Preheat oven to 350. You need 1 lb of meat, 1 package of Lipton's onion soup mix, Montreal Steak seasoning, and some garlic powder. Make into a ball on baking tray with rack (for the grease to drip down). Sift the onion soup mix and put the powder along with some garlic powder and the steak seasoning in the meat. Once made into a ball put the onion from the soup mix on top and bake for 1 hour. If you like more crunchies you can buy some french fried onions to put on top as well (that what I do because I think that is the best part). This is delicious!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 6:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2012

• I use about 2 lbs ground beef. I heat the over to 350. I put in 1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup mix. 3/4 cup oatmeal. 3/4 cup ketchup, and 1 egg. I mix it together with my hands until it is all mixed. I form it into a loaf and put it in a baking dish. I bake it for about 45-50 minutes.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2012

• I think I used my last lipton onion soup mix in pork chops last week, I will check!!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2012

• Google "how to make meatloaf" and you get a TON of recipes... find one that fits your tastes!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2012

• Easy recipe:

1 lb. ground beef
    1 cup packed herb-seasoned stuffing mix
    1 8 oz. seasoned tomato sauce
    1 1/2 tsp. salt
    1 1/4 tsp. pepper
    1 egg

mix it all together, shape into a loaf shape and bake at 350 for 1 hr.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2012

• I use about 2 lbs of ground beef also, and heat the oven to 350 too, then I chop a small onion finely, tear up several slices of bread into small pieces, add 2 eggs, and ketchup, although I'm not sure how much ketchup. I also season with garlic powder, salt, pepper and basil. Mix it all together put it into a loaf pan and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, then remove from the oven (drain in between if necessary) then pour more ketchup on top and spread evenly, bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until cooked in the center and ketchup is lightly browned.

(You can replace the ketchup with BBQ sauce, spaghetti sauce, or other tomatoey sauce.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2012

• i season it with cumin, salt & pepper & maybe a pinch of garlic salt (not too much though or else it will be garlic loaf lol) i add frozen chopped onions & chopped bell peppers too then mold it into a loaf shape & cook it in a casserole dish (covered) when there's 15 minutes left i spread ketchup over top of it & uncover it. i bake it at 350
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2012

• My dh begs me to make meatloaf!! He says its his favorite dish!! I use ground turkey cuz we dont eat red meat. I1/4 lb ground turkey. 1 cup milk 1 egg 1 cup oatmeal. I beat the egg slightly, add to milk then stir in the oats. add the meat. season with salt, some garlic salt, and Lawrys's seasonings, and some dried onion. mix it all together with your hands. put half of it down in a pan and pat it in. spread with some bar b que sauce and ketchup. layer some cheese slices (one layer only, any flavor of cheese you like). top with the rest of the meat mixture. repeat the ketchup and bar b que sauce and cheese. Bake at 350 for an hour to an hour and 15 minutes.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2012