Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax Help?

I want to file taxes and claim my child. I live with my son, go to school, and I take care of both of us. I did not make ANY money last year. I went to school full time, did an internship, and raised my son. I was told that I cannot file an income tax because I did not make any money and I cannot claim my child. Is this true? I do not know anything about taxes and filing. This is the first year that I have gone without working, so I don't know anything about this and my son is only 11 months old so this is the first time I could claim him. Any help is welcome and much appreciated!! Thanks!


Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • I believe that if you had income from unemployment or something you file to claim that but if you had no income there is nothing to file for.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • No income no Income tax means no Income tax filing.

    Answer by gemgem at 4:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • The first two ladies are correct. You can't file income taxes w/o an income. You can be on your husband's form though.

    Answer by Pnukey at 5:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2009