Tax Help?

I want to file taxes and claim my child. I live with my son, go to school, and I take care of both of us. I did not make ANY money last year. I went to school full time, did an internship, and raised my son. I was told that I cannot file an income tax because I did not make any money and I cannot claim my child. Is this true? I do not know anything about taxes and filing. This is the first year that I have gone without working, so I don't know anything about this and my son is only 11 months old so this is the first time I could claim him. Any help is welcome and much appreciated!! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I believe that if you had income from unemployment or something you file to claim that but if you had no income there is nothing to file for.
    Anonymous

• No income no Income tax means no Income tax filing.

Answer by gemgem at 4:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• The first two ladies are correct. You can't file income taxes w/o an income. You can be on your husband's form though.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2009