Feeling Dizzy?

For the past few days, I've noticed that sometimes after I have been on the computer for awhile and then stand up, I feel sort of dizzy and nauseous. One time I thought I was going to get sick, I broke out in a sweat and it was bad for about 5 minutes, then it went away. I had a sore throat for a day or so about a day before this started. Any ideas?

JustAMom2008

Asked by JustAMom2008 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Health

• maybe get your eyes checked...esp. if it is only when you're at the computer?
    Anonymous

• Sitting down for long periods of time can affect the blood flow from your heart to your legs (and back). This can possibly be the cause of your dizziness. Try to flex and extend your legs often while sitting down, and adjust your position often. Standing up at least once for ten minutes for every hour of sitting down is strongly recommended.

If these symptoms get worse, or happen alot, I would really recommend getting checked out by your doctor. I used to be a Medical Assistant at a cardiology office, and women have drastically different symptoms of heart problems than men do. I am not trying to scare you, but its always better to get checked out and have nothing be wrong, than something be wrong and have a serious health problem because its not treated, you know?

Good luck, I hope you feel better soon!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 2:00 AM on Jan. 31, 2009