Kinda worried

I'll be 38 weeks Sunday and so far my breast haven't started to leak yet. Does this mean my milk is going to come in to late for me to breast feed?

Jennyv143

Asked by Jennyv143 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no not everyone leaks dont worry your baby will be what makes your milk come in. i never leaked with my first and havnt leaked with this one yet either.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• No. The fastest way to make your milk come in is to nurse as soon after birth as possible and nurse every few hours. It still takes a couple of days, but it comes in sooner that way.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 4:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Your milk does not come in until after you have the baby.
    Anonymous

• I'm so glad you asked that question! I thought the same thing too, but I guess it's really common for your milk to come in after the baby comes, and then you leak forever..lol (or at least that's what my mom said to scare me i guess..lol)
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My breasts didnt start to leak until after my son was born. Your actual milk doesn't come in until 3-4 days after you give birth.
    kidlovesbatman

Answer by kidlovesbatman at 5:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2009