Litha / Solstice is Coming... What kind of traditions does your family (or even just you) have?

Do you have special foods that you make?
Special Stories you tell?
Special crafts or activities you do?

Share Share Share!!!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• We do not celebrate it as a holiday but we do talk about the changes in the season and in the sun. We will more than likely also talk about how others do celebrate and talk about traditions in other families. If my children are particularly interested in one of those traditions then we will do our best to try it. I try to incorporated different activities, even if they do not become traditions, into our family based on their interest and curiosity.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:23 AM on Jun. 14, 2012

• I am such a slacker!! However! I have been doing my best this year to at least make a meal for the holiday. I recently bought a book on my Fire ... "The Sacred Wheel" that helps me plan the meals. It has poems, ritual examples. I love it.

I am really trying to get better at celebrating the holidays. I don't disciminate, I am a slacker with the secular/Christian holidays as well.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:20 AM on Jun. 14, 2012

• We're doing something with cats and bears this year.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2012

• I bought that one too SpiritedWitch! Haven't gotten to look at it thought.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 8:56 AM on Jun. 15, 2012