My daughter is 3 years old and has been sleeping in are room since she was born but know she

wants to sleep in her own room and she has been sleep in her own bed for 5 months know I am really glad but do I need to do anything to get her prepared for this change? We are going to be moving her toys around to make room for her bed. She always talks about sleeping in her own room. Does anyone have any advice for me are do you think she will do fine?

andrea86160

Asked by andrea86160 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• if shes asking to sleep in her own room she will probably do fine its children who dont wana sleep in their room that have a problem when it comes to change. she will probably feel like a big girl.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Be super excited and let her help pick out her sheets and night light. Don't tell her that it's in case she's afraid of the dark, just act like every kid gets one. Don't relay your anxiety about it to her. Let her be in on the preparations. Then she will be excited to sleep in her room. This is good, she's being a big girl.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• my oldest did that. oh it was hard on me, but the transition was easy for him. And if he wanted to come sleep in our rm then that was okay too. Now for my second child(he's 3 now), doesn't want to leave our rm. So I have a crib mattress on the floor beside my bed for him to sleep on.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 7:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Thats great she is wanting to be in her own room. My two year old son wont go to sleep unless he's laying in my bed next to me. Now once he falls asleep I lay him in his bed. Which is right next to mine. I'm gradually trying to move the bed farther and farther away from my bed but i have to do it slowly. So your lucky that you have a little one that wants that. You don't have to fight her.

They seem to really like when they get to pick their own stuff out. Makes them feel big and important.
    CountryMom357

Answer by CountryMom357 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2009