Carseat advice?

Anyone know of an amazing carseat for a 2 year old?

We are wanting to get DD another carseat. We would love to find a 5point harness, reclines & will eventually go to a booster. Safety is important to us & keeping her in a 5point for AS LONG AS POSSIBLE.

If anyone knows of any great carseats, please let us know!! :)

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Britax is like the Mercedes of carseats but Graco Nautilus is so much more affordable and still has great reviews. I have one for my daughter and will be buying another for my son once he's forward facing. The only downside...it's super heavy! But as long as you're not switching it in and out cars all the time that shouldn't be a problem. I am super happy with it!
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• check out walmart.com or even target.com
    Walmart has a great convertible carseat by Graco that is Rear facing to fwd facing and then to a booster seat it has a 5 point harness and obviously later down the road those come off and its a high back booster seat up to 100lbs. You are going to spend alittle more then normal but its going to last a long time so in the end its worth it. There are a few other brands on their website to i just always suggest Graco.
    Anonymous

• Graco Nautilus is amazing. We have two! They are also reasonable. Our came from walmart. Britax is supposed to be the best, but they are expensive.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 5:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Oh, and I wanted to say...there is a difference (a big difference) in the carseats like the Nautilus (that's about $180) or the cheaper ones. The Nautilus will harness up to 65 lbs. and convert to a booster (high back or regular) and will hold up to 100 lbs. Most other carseats I was looking at only harnessed to 40 or 50 lbs. Yes, they were much cheaper but with my daughter being 2 years old and already 40 lbs, I wanted something to harness her as long as possible.
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I agree with the above posters. I love my Nautilus. I bought it because it goes up to 100lbs and converts to a booster. Michigan has a new law that kids have to be in a seat until 4'11" or like 11 years old. I hope this one will last until then.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 7:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• If he's FF, I agree, the Nautilus is great!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• We have the Britax Marathon seats for our two year old twins. Love them!
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 7:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Go with the Graco Nautilus or the Britax Regent! They're the best. The Regent harnesses to 80 lbs, and is taller than the Nautilus, but the Nautilus is a great second choice (for about half the cost!)
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 8:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• The Britax Regent goes to 80 lbs., I think that's the highest harnessing one. But it doesn't convert to a booster. Personally, I'm getting the Apex 65 or the Nautilus. Much cheaper, still harnesses to 65 lbs. and converts to a booster to 100 lbs. afterwards. The Nautilus is even better because it turns into a backless booster as well as a high back booster. But the Apex is cheaper, although it only converts into a high back booster. I think I'll still go with the Apex, though, by the time my oldest outgrows the harness, his little brother will probably need it. Then I'll just get the oldest a booster.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 10:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• i have two cosco alpha omega elites (about $159) and i love them.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2009