i feel guilty?

So my 7 mo old DD went to the doctor day because she has been coughing really bad and had a bit of a fever 2x this week. When she went in they listened to her lungs and found that she was wheezing a little bit, so they gave me a nebulizer to bring home to do some breathing treatments and antibiotics for her ear infection and motrin if shes irritable. my question lol (after all the rambling) is, my MIL asked if she could stay over there tomorrow because she misses her...is it bad if i send her over there? Like if she sleeps okay tonight can she still say over there or does it make a bad mom passing my daughter off to someone else when shes sick?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It doesn't make you a bad Mom. Being a baby, she'll sleep when she wants, if Mother-in-law lets her. She can probably rest there just as easy.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 5:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I would personal waite till she feels better. But no it dont make you a bad person if you send her over there. My daughter has asthma and excema but that dont mean she has to stay in the house everyday all day.Its really up to you.
    Tweetybird5595

Answer by Tweetybird5595 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Personally, I try to expose as few people as possible when they're sick. My line of thinking is if I wouldn't want someone around my kids sick, I wouldn't want my sick kids around someone else. Besides...what if she's there and becomes miserable.

But then again....we have a deal where ONE person is in charge of all medications to make sure it's given properly and there's no chance of an overdose. Do you trust your MIL to give the breathing treatments correctly and on time?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Gosh, my oldest was 2 before I could stand to have her sleep over with my mom!! (And that's only because we lived with my mom for a long time!!!)

Aside from the sleepover- just so you know, baby doesn't need antibiotics for an ear infection.. And only really high fevers really need to be medicated. ALL babies have "temperatures", their bodies are usually warmer than ours.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 5:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Everything that I have ever read or heard is that a baby does need antibiotics for an ear infection. That also came from my sons pedi. But if you trust your mil to care for your sick baby, then I wouldn't worry too much. If she has any problems she can always call you. And every mommy needs a break now and then. So don't feel guilty.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• If you trust her enough to take care of your daughter properly while she is sick and keep track of all of her medications and breathing treatments. And your daughter is close and secure with your MIL. Go for it. My mom has cared for my son sometimes while he was sick. I allow it because our parenting styles are exactly the same and I know he would be 100 percent cared for and kept as comfortable and loved over there as he would with me. It's up to you!
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:49 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• a person or baby DOES need antibiotics when they have an ear infection! ear infections usually DONT go away without them.

about the sleep over. if you trust her let the baby stay. do what YOU feel is best
    softbalchic2004

Answer by softbalchic2004 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2009