what is the best way to get renovations done? Who to barrow from?

I know I have options but I don't think I know all of them yet. I may never know all of them but I want to make the best decision. Lets face it we all want the best but maybe this will help.

I don't know who will give me money I am in debt. Working on getting rid of it. Being watching "til debt do us part" and "Maxed out". I know I can probably get a high interest loan but who knows.

Recently started looking for work from home. My boyfrind works a part time job. and we have 2 kids.

How did you get your renovations done?
Who did you barrow from?
Did your goverment help?
How long did it take?
Did/do you have any kids while the renovations were getting done?

Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Sounds like you can't afford renovations.
    We did renovations on our house. We paid for it ourselves (from savings). The government won't help you renovate. Our renovations took 3 months, but we had A LOT done. We have 2 kids.
    This is not hte type of economy to be renovating in. Banks are not going to loan you the money if you can't afford it.
    Anonymous

• well the best bet, is to just buy some paint and spruce up the walls for now.. pay off your debt, and save for what you want done. When my parents were younger they did this first when they moved it.. then would save each year, and do a room.. year 2 they did the living room.. year 3 they did the kitchen, etc. Pending on the project, sometimes we(my brother and I) would go to a relatives for a day or two because of the drywall dust, etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:52 PM on Jan. 30, 2009