• In the Spotlight:

This site isn't private?

I asked a question yesterday about a food company, I didn't get any responses, so I went online to research them, and when I typed in the company name a link to my question on Cafemom showed up, I clicked on it and it took me right in here, is that right?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 5:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Hi gramsmom,

At CafeMom, we take privacy and security issues very seriously. All privacy on CafeMom can be controlled. We believe CafeMom gives some of the best and most comprehensive tools to protect your security. But it is in everyone's hands to control their privacy, so we want to make sure everyone knows what is available.

Here is a link to our CafeMom Security and Privacy Tips. We hope that this information helps answer your questions about Google and other search engines:

http://www.cafemom.com/about/privacy_tips.php

Let us know if you have any questions by clicking the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of any CafeMom page.

< The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 4:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Maybe you were able to access it because you were technically signed into cafemom? I'm not really sure, just throwing that idea out there.
    Anonymous

• Try logging out and then reading the messages. I don't know the answer either.

Answer by Bmat at 6:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• That is correct. I just googled your screen name and it came up including cafemom and your questions. scary...
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 8:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• This site is not private. That is why you have so many privacy options for your profile.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 11:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• No privacy trust me
    Anonymous