6 weeks pregnant who do I tell?

I am 6 weeks pregnant and told my mom and sister but I don't want to tell anyone else including my husbands family after hearing the rate of pregnancy that end in miscarriage before 12 weeks. My husband wants to tell his family and says since people know on my side its only fair. I just don't want to have to tell people if I have a miscarriage. I have never miscarried and have 3 other children.

mama915

Asked by mama915 at 5:33 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know a lot of people who wait until they hit the 3rd month. You're not showing and you're right, most miscarriages occur during the first trimester...I know some believe it to be a superstitious thing not to tell until the 3rd month It's up to you guys. Congrats though!!
    Anonymous

• I'm 6 weeks as well and I've told mine and my husbands family, if it comes to a miscarriage I'll deal then.
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 5:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• First of all congratulations! I can understand not wanting to tell people in case something bad does happen, it has happened to me twice. But it could lead to some resentment on your husbands part if you get to tell your family and he can't tell his, it is unfair. It could also lead to resentment from his family that they weren't "important" enough to tell. Also, I've heard and gone by the rule that you should tell the people that you would want to have by you if you did lose the baby. You'd probably want the support of your mom and sister, right? Who's support would your husband be looking for? His mom, a sibling, his dad? I know when we lost our babies my hubby really needed his mom and dad's support. I can't tell you to let him tell them, but it's just some things to consider. Obvioulsy there are no guarantees, but if you've had 3 other children together and no miscarriages you'd be less likely to have on now.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• i would let him tell his family if that is what he wants too do remember you are in this together and you went and told yours
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 7:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• i think that his family has the right to know since you told yours..or atleast his mother. since you already have 3 kids, chances of miscarriage are low..i couldnt keep my mouth shut when i found out i was preggo all 3 times..everyone found out as soon as i did.lol
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:33 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I would just tell immediate family on both your side and your husband's side. And then wait for relatives and friends until you're in your second trimester!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 31, 2009