is there a place where i can get free homeschooling textbooks??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• http://oldfashionededucation.com/

Answer by gemgem at 5:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I would call around to the local churches. A lot of times they have some type of book exchange, or know of someone that does. You can pick up things really cheap or free.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 5:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• You can sometimes gets used books from freecycle -- just post for them & see what turns up. Also, there are TONS of other places to get used books for VERY little $$ (thrift stores, online auctions, used book stores, libraries, etc).

There is more free curriculums/resources online than anyone could possibly know what to do with, though. You won't get a "textbook" from them, but you don't need them.

Sometimes (and this isn't my area of expertise since I've never used them) you can use online schools which will provide everything for free.... but you lose a lot of your freedom that way.

You can PM me if you want & I'll get you a list of resources. G'luck!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 30, 2009