Could this be post partum depression?

My daughter is two weeks old. I am happy, I don't feel depressed. I am overtired... that is the only bad thing. I do wonder if I have PPD because I start bawling for no reason whatsoever. Is that a sign?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 5:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no thats just baby blues
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I would say probably not. I had my DS almost six months ago and I still cry over nothing. I've cried just because he fell asleep. I would say if your not feeling depressed and you truely feel happy that it's not PPD
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• your hormones are going crazy and you are a new mom so its normal to be tired. i think that may be all your problem but if you are worried about it then i think you should talk to your dr
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• No, that sounds like baby blues. PPD is more than just crying and feeling tired and can lead PPS. google to get the symptoms.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• It's your hormones fluctuating. Basically after the baby at this point, they bottom out. I would cy and wasn't sad or angry either. In fact, I live 1000 miles away from my mum. She was here for 3 weeks when my son was born. I cried so much and she explained it's the hormones bottoming out then they climb back up again. I sat on the toilet once peeing and just lost it. My husband came back and asked what was wrong and I wanted my mummy LOL. I spent every day crying like this at least 4 times a day.....over the littlest crazy things. As your hormones increase back to normal the "baby blues" will decrease. Lack of sleep just adds to the stress on your body! So sleep when baby does and allow friends and family to help so you can sleep when anyone asks!!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2009