CS question

I want to put in an order for child support on my ex. But I want to know should I put the order out now or when the baby is born(this is my third child with him). We broke up in august before I found out I was pregnant. When we were together I didn't have to worry about him getting things for the kids but now that we are not together it's like pulling teeth trying to get him to get things for the kids. And now he's not even interested in getting things for the baby. Two weeks before Christmas he decided to quit his job because of something stupid so he was no help for two straight months. Now that he found another job he's not doing what he's suppose to do and Im just getting tired of dealing with his BS. I have talked to him about the situation but it's like talking to a brick wall. Thanks ladies for letting me vent alittle..

Princessstar024

Asked by Princessstar024 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Talk to a lawyer....if nothing else, get started on the kids here already....and you could probably get something written in for "upon the birth" of the newest.....

But you need to speak with a lawyer.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:50 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Talk to a lawyer - my son's BD tried to include an unborn child in his CS paperwork but was denied (I think the logic was simply that being pregnant was not a guarantee of a child born). As it was, she either miscarried or he lied about his GF being pregnant and only said she miscarried after the court turned him down. It may be a state by state thing, so talk to a lawyer who knows the laws in your state. The lawyer may also say for the other kids to wait until your latest is born or maybe to go ahead and start the paperwork now since it might take a while for everything to go through the courts and be finalized. So...talk to a lawyer.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• put the order on the oldest two and then add this one when its born at least that way the ball will already be rolling, and trust me honey it takes FOREVER!!!!!
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2009