Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CS question

I want to put in an order for child support on my ex. But I want to know should I put the order out now or when the baby is born(this is my third child with him). We broke up in august before I found out I was pregnant. When we were together I didn't have to worry about him getting things for the kids but now that we are not together it's like pulling teeth trying to get him to get things for the kids. And now he's not even interested in getting things for the baby. Two weeks before Christmas he decided to quit his job because of something stupid so he was no help for two straight months. Now that he found another job he's not doing what he's suppose to do and Im just getting tired of dealing with his BS. I have talked to him about the situation but it's like talking to a brick wall. Thanks ladies for letting me vent alittle..

Answer Question

Asked by Princessstar024 at 5:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • do it now-theres no telling how long it could take for anything to happen

    Answer by SThompson21 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • I have no experience filing while pregnant, but it would make since that if you file now the baby should automatically be added on when (s)he is born.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • Yeah do it now. Just go to the child support office and open a case. They do everything for you, and theyll even garnish his wages and send the money straight to you. I did it with my ex and its been great. My ex was pissed at first but now were both happy. He pays what the state guidelines say, it comes right from his check, hes never late, I cant bitch him out if its not on time and everyone wins.

    Answer by gemgem at 5:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • You Can And Should File Now.

    Where It Says To List The Child(ren), Put:
    Child #1 & DOB,
    Child #2 & DOB,
    Unborn & EDD.

    Answer by Kari_Noelle at 6:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • thank you ladies for the advice. I have tried to get in touch with CS today and got an automated system so I am going to try again first thing monday morning..

    Answer by Princessstar024 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • Girl you better get child support, the baby will need things, and its hard in this crazy world! Dont make the same mistakes alot of women make!

    Answer by camtri3 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • Go down to the child support office and file as fast as you can.

    Answer by MrsGray30 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • File now & the new baby will be added on once she/he is born.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • Are you married to this man? You have 3 kids with him? Just curious....I didn't know you could get cs if you were married.... And if you are pregnant, at least in MO you have to live apart for 6 months before you can get a divorce, and you have to give birth and have a paternity test.....

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • If you do not already have a CO in effect.....he can request a paternity test. That will hold things least in my state its 6 mos or more out. Ya...sorry...unfortunately at times it is a ploy. get to not take NO for an answer.....if you get the "automated" system...push buttons for an operator.

    Answer by Loryl at 10:57 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.