Getting ready for baby.

So I've had 3 baby showers already and gotten most things I think I need, except the big ones:

Carseat
Stroller
Breast pump

I have a crib, pack n'play, swing, bouncer, boppy, diapers, lots of clothes and blankets/burp pads, a few 8 oz. bottles, lots of hats, stuffed animals:), bibs, diaper bag, medical kit, digital monitor, diaper cream, bath products, alcohol swabs, breast pads, nursing bra and camisole, crib bedding, sheets, mattress pads, waterproof pads, lap pads, sanitizer, microwave bags, dishwasher thing-y.

Am I missing anything? I know I"ll need some 4 oz bottles (I plan to pump) and maybe a few more crib sheets/towels. I have gift cards, let me know! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 3 showers for one baby?
    Anonymous

• Yes, my family wanted to throw one (we live in different states), then my DH"s co-workers threw one and then his mother threw one. It was a lot.
    Anonymous

• oh lol thats cool :)
    Anonymous

• man did you get lucky. Sounds like you got what you need just make sure you get your carseat bought cant leave the hospital with out one.
    Anonymous

• If you have a washing machine you don't need tons of sheets. We have 4 and never go through more than that LOL And I only have one mattress pad cover. The baby is almost 6 months and we've gotten by with that as far as bedding. You'll figure it out as you go. What I can advise you in getting from the hospital to take home for future use is this.....the disposable underwear you get after delivery (if they use them at your hospital), take lots of extra for while you are healing. Also get extra of the pads that have ice packs in them, if they provide those too, not all hospitals have those though. Those were great the first few days home from hospital when my vagina was still swollen and sore. Also, the pad things you lay on, they're like the doggie training pads you lay on the floor....
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Are they maxi pads with ice packs?
    Anonymous

• ....they gave them to me to keep blood from getting on the sheets. Well I got extra of those too and have them saved for future use of when the baby or toddler by then has diareah some time....lay them under their sheets to keep it from getting on the mattress! Advice from my mummy!!! Anything the hospital gives you, ask can I use this when I get home and stock up. And BTW, I also had 3 showers. One with my family, then one with my hubby's family.....because all were from 2 different places. Then we moved to another state right after those showers (miitary) and then one with our church family. Was going to have another small one with the girls from my work, but baby came early LOL Overwhelming but wonderful.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Yes, pads with ice packs.....you twist the pad and it cracks open that ice compound in there and they last a good hour or 2. They are weird with that liquid floating around in there, but felt really good while swollen down there! I rather use those than be all drugged up on tylenol and pain meds. Not every hospital has those though, lots of my friends didn't know what I was talking about till I explained what I had LOL
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• You look at the stroller with car seat combo? They are just under $200 and the car seat works to 25 pounds usually. I love mine
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Well, we weren't gonna get the travel system b/c I want to be able to use the stroller when the baby gets older. I think we are getting a separate carseat/stroller, rather than a lock-in system.
    Anonymous