Is removing genital warts covered by insurance or is it considered "cosmetic" and a choice surgery?

My boyfriend has them and the virus or whatever is dead. Can't be passed on, I don't have it, but the warts are still there. They stay in the same spot, don't go away, but they are dead. Just wanted to make that clear. It hurts me after we have sex. I guess its the bumps rubbing against the opening of my vagina. I hurt for 2 days and scream while urinating because the bumps rub like, abrasions on my vaginal opening. Sorry I am being graphic but I consider this a health issue so shouldn't the insurance cover it? Its not just to take them off for looks or "cosmetic surgery", but its because it causes me a lot of pain during sex. Thank you and again, sorry I had to be so graphic...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Health

• Um no they should be frozen off by a doctor. Not cosmeic.
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 5:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I would have him go in for a check up and see you can also always call your insurence Co and see what they cover!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• do you have a family planning clinic that treats std's? that is a place that freezes or burns them off in my hometown. if it's at a clinic, they may do it even if you do not have insurance....i think, not too sure. otherwise ask your doctor for a referal or whatever.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My husband had warts on his hand. Insurance paid to have them removed by a doctor.
    Anonymous

• OMGoodness! Have you been to your GYN??! You need to have that looked at ASAP! They can remove them and your insurance covers it. It's not cosmetic by any means!
    Did your BF tell you the virus is dead? If you have them, it is not! You have an STD, honey!
    Anonymous

• If he has warts, the virus us not dead. Go get checked and talk to your doctor!
    Anonymous

• The virus doesn't die. You have it for the rest of your life. It seems he has lied to you. I got it when I was 14 and had the warts removed. I'm 25 and was very shocked to find one after thinking that maybe the virus really WAS gone, but nope. And if he wants them gone faster without surgury have him try apple cider vineger. It works well. If you google it you should find many success stories. It got rid of the small one I was getting in less than 3 days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on Jan. 31, 2009