What will the ER give me for a pulled muscle in my back?

I pulled a muscle in my back a few days ago. I can't get in to see my doctor until Thursday of next week. He suggested that if the pain is too bad then I should go to the ER.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• They gave me Naproxen, which is pretty much just a high dose of Aleve.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 6:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Muscle relaxer or pain medication or both.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Generally Naproxen...........which is basically Aleve, and Vicodine or some sort of pain reliever. If it's a spasm, they might give you a muscle relaxer to. Naproxen is for inflammation, Vicodine is for pain.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• i went to the e.r. for an earache once and i was given loratabs (sp?)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• A Shot, The A Script For Soma Tabs, Loratabs (muscle relaxers) Or Vicodine, Naproxen Or Tylenol 3 (Pain Relievers)
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 1:13 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• for any doctor to prescribe you vicodin or any other heavy narcotic you must be in a lot of pain or suffered a serious injury or be recovering from surgery. although i am sure you are really uncomfortable right now, and im sure youre in a considerable amount of pain, the hospital is not gong to give you narcotics for a pulled muscle. now, if you are having spasims as a result of the pull they will probably give you a mild muscle relaxer and an anti-inflammatory like tylenol. howver, if you are not spasiming, they will most likely give you a prescription grade anti-imflammatory, tell you to take it easy and send you home. also, they may suggest heat.
    Anonymous