help! my baby is 9 months old and still wakes up twice for a bottle...what can i do to get him sleeping through the night.

he slept through the night for about a week, and i was so psyched! now it's been 2 months since then and he's still waking up....what should i do.....i need sleep, not to mention my 2.5 year old still wakes up and asks for milk....but her i can deal with.

luvmefamtina

Asked by luvmefamtina at 6:06 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my friend used the method from On Becoming Babywise. She had awesome results. i never had sleep problems.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Our pediatrician recommended that we water her down her nightly bottles, dilute them, a little at first, then gradually so they are just water. Provided you are giving him enough during the day, he should be able to hold for 8-10 hours. Feed him just before bedtime so he has something in his tummy. Then after a while, he just get used to not having the extra food. Try comforting him back to sleep before you give him a bottle as well. Perhaps he just wakes up and doesn't know how to soothe himself back to sleep.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• The health dept. told me that watering down formula cuts the calories that baby gets. Have you tried puttin a lil bit of cereal in the bottle? You'll have to get bigger nipples tho.Its up to you, but it works for me!
    Anonymous

• Establish a routine. Babies need to know whats coming... Here is ours:
    Bath
    Rock
    Binky
    DARK room (babies are easily distracted... and light isn't necessary)
    If you have to go in, just replace binky or soothe while baby is in crib...

Since your baby is still eating at night, try giving smaller amts each night til you are down to nothing.

Good luck!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• we have a routine, and trust me...the boy eats/drinks plenty. i might try watering down.
    luvmefamtina

Answer by luvmefamtina at 7:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I got my son a night light because I wanted to see where I was going when I went in to take care of him twice a night. He slept through the night ever since the first night he had that thing. Most of the time, anyways. Apparently, even as a baby, he was afraid of the dark. Weird, I know.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 10:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• i feel your pain! noah is 18mo and STILL wakes uo 2-3 times! its hell!
    ramjamnamsmom

Answer by ramjamnamsmom at 1:39 AM on Feb. 2, 2009