Please Help!

We went through the TX OAG's office so now he gets visitation with our 23 month old daughter every other weekend. Basically what is happening is that he isn't taking care of her properly. Every weekend that she has come home from being with him she has a really bad diaper rash that you can tell that isn't even being treated, he won't tell me anything about her visits or even the last time that she ate when he drops her off, which most of the time she hasn't eaten and it's 8pm. I also have a major problem with her skin. Me and therefore my daughter both have extremely sensitive skin and can only use special detergents, soaps, lotions, etc and I have told him many times which stuff to use and I can tell that he isn't using the proper stuff. She has come home with her skin broken out and with rashes from it. I also found that on the weekends he has her he is working all weekend and isn't taking care of her, his stupid family is.

rltdancegurl

Asked by rltdancegurl at 6:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• We are going through and were going through a lot of the same problems. Judge and attorney ruled that there was no actual abuse or neglect and we couldn't get the visitation modified. We have learned to live with it! I know, it sucks and it is terrible to see your child upset and hurting, but so far as I know, there may not be anything you can do about it now. Note everything though! Write everything down. THe times she has the bad outbreak, the times he is late, the times he doesn't communicate, anything like that. Times he cancels or anything. Document everything. Trust me, I know it sounds petty, but it will help.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Would he be willing to sit down with a moderator or counselor with you?
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 6:28 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• You could always petition to have visitation reveiwed. Take pictures of the rashes, document the conversations you've had with the dad about her eating, apperance, etc and his refusal to properly take care of her. Also, if her skin is extra sensitive and requires speical lotioning, soaps etc, get a note from her pediatrician saying that her care giver should take proper care of her skin or it would be harmful to her general health and well being. Keep a copy and give one to the dad. Then, if she still comes home like that, take her to the MD (to document the dad not following MD orders and to have a medical opinion on the rashes,etc) and you can show those to the judge.No visitation schedule is set in stone! If you can provide proof that hes not taking care of her, vistation can be changed and/or require proper care with leagal consequences if he doesn't.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2009