my daughter is 5 months old and I still have to swaddle her tightly, and keep giving her her binky!?

to get her to go to sleep. She is teething and has almost 4 teeth, and she still has a binky but the main reason I swaddle her is because she will take her binky out and chew on the hard plastic around the nipple! What should I do, I constantly have to go in her room and re-wrap her and put her biny back in the rite way and it's almost like she knows what she'd doing. She gets so cranky when she's over-tired????? What should I do???????

needcoffee08

Asked by needcoffee08 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i am going throw the same thingbut befor going to sleep i give her herhumphreys it is a tablet that desolves in her mouth andshe sleeps preety good.if u want cheak the web site.its realy good
    elena.1122

Answer by elena.1122 at 7:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• oh darling my 2 year old was like that he doesn;t require the swaddle anymore but he has to have a binky in his mouth and one in each hand
    masonelismom

Answer by masonelismom at 8:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My son was swaddled until he was 6 months because of horrible colic. She will outgrow it, don't worry too much, they can't be swaddled forever :) I think the teething tablets the first girl was talking about are Hylands. They are all-natural and worked very well for my son.
    luvr4ula

Answer by luvr4ula at 8:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Did u know its safe and ok to let ur child use a binkie up to the age of 2, b/c it helps to prevent SIDs when they use it while they are sleeping. If they are sucking they are Breathing! My Ped. told me that
    Crystal0820

Answer by Crystal0820 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• good question. my 3 1/2 month old needs to be swaddled and have binky for his naps too. i was wondering how long to continue and how to stop as well.
    susanjpt

Answer by susanjpt at 9:45 AM on Jun. 20, 2008