is it ok to take rolaids extra strenght soft chews for heartburn?

the active ingredients are magnesium and calcium but im still not sure about taking them!

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 6:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would call your dr to be sure..........or call the pharmacist. Otherwise, try milk and/bread.........those you ok to eat and will ease the heartburn.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I always took tums. I know they are safe.
    madrigalreject

Answer by madrigalreject at 6:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• rolaids are fine i take them or tums just dont take a heartburn medication like zantac or anything.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I took those with my first pregnancy.. ate them like candy... the doctor said it was ok
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 6:44 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I always took TUMS durring pregnancy. For ideas of home remidies try the website earthclinic.com. It gives you ideas of things you can take that you probably already have in your fridge
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 7:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I was always told to use TUMS during pregnancy. Not only did they kick the heartburn to the curb, they are rich in calcium, which a pregnant momma can always use.
    daisyluvnmomof3

Answer by daisyluvnmomof3 at 7:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• rolaids and tums are both ok
    newmamaof3

Answer by newmamaof3 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My dr kept telling me to take tums in my first trimester, I know that there's a little more you can take after you reach the second trimester but I don't remember what they are....and anyway I like the taste of tums right now :)
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 7:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2009