Not going to lie, I'm scared. CT Scan and blood work done today and I can't stop thinking about what could be wrong.

For weeks now I've been getting sudden bouts of light headedness and dizziness. I haven't felt "right," and I've had ZERO patience...I can't control my anger and my poor little girl can't seem to stay out of trouble because I'm blowing everything out of proportion.

The past 3 days I've been very dizzy...and it keeps getting worse. If I'm sitting down it's not so bad...it hits me here and there but it's a little less intense. I can barely walk, I keep dropping things and hitting my head and I can't drive.

So I went to the doctor today because I couldn't take it anymore and my doctor ran some blood work and ordered a CT Scan for tonight and I went and the guy's reaction after my scan kind of worried me. He seemed to think it was important that he get the results to the specialist right away and that I'd be called "first thing in the morning to discuss the results."

I just can't even begin to think about what could be going on with me. I'm just tired of feeling like this. I feel so off and so sick.

I know you aren't doctors, and I know it may cause more harm than good to throw around possibilities BUT what do you ladies think? Any ideas about what could be going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2012 in Health

• I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through right now. But I bet the words 'brain cancer' went through your thoughts probably quite few times. I know it would mine. I hope everything turns out the best possible scenario for you, and keep us up dated!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 14, 2012

• Good luck to you...we really can't offer much but support. Keep in mind exactly how advanced medicine is now. My mother had a seizure while driving last year, and the scans indicated a very large brain tumor. She spent the first day in a coma, was operated on the next day, and was discharged from the hospital 2 days after that. It was so amazing that such a major surgery was just done so fast and the recovery so quick like that! She has regained the vision and mobility that we thought was just lost due to her getting a little older. Hopefully they will figure out what is wrong, and will be able to help you right away so you can get back to your regular old self. Good luck!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2012

• I just didn't think I'd ever be in a situation where I'd have to worry about this kind of stuff...at least not at this time. I'm a senior in college...22 years old...mother of one 3 year old girl. I am terrified. I just hope it's something simple and they will fix it and I can go on with my life.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Jun. 14, 2012

• Multiple Sclerosis
    Anonymous

• I have no idea what it could mean.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2012

• Doesn't sound at all like MS and I speak from experience.

There is no sense borrowing trouble before you know what's going on. The tech was most likely thinking he was easing your mind by letting you know that you're not going to have to wait weeks for results.

You're young and likely pretty healthy otherwise. Start small; it could be a significant inner ear issue, it could be a virus, it could be many things that are NOT brain cancer, tumors and stroke or whatever else you're imagining.

And as Mom-2-3-girlz states, medical technology and treatment has come a million miles so try not to get yourself in to high a state of freakout
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 11:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2012

• ^^^^cant offer more than Brawn, try to relax and DO not scare yourself to death!
    Please update
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:10 AM on Jun. 15, 2012

• have you heard anything yet?
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:30 AM on Jun. 15, 2012

• hang in there I know how stressful waiting for tests can be I'm no Dr. but maybe your blood pressure (low) has something to do with it & they are doing further testing just to make sure also.....try not to think the worst - I know easier said then done....hang in there.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2012

• They found a decent sized tumor on my cerebellum...have an appointment with a specialist to discuss whether or not it can be safely removed.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:38 AM on Jun. 16, 2012