Work form home moms, I realllllly need some advice!!

My daughter will be 6 months on the 6th of Feb. As you all may know it is not easy buying diapers/milk/food especially when you are not working and your spouse lost his job. I would really like to work from home so that I can be with my daughter and not have to spend money on childcare ( which btw would get a big portion of the check to begin with) I have heard of the online surveys, I am not real sure about any of this. I was burnt as a child, now I am scared of fire!! If you get my drift. If any mommy's out there have any suggestions on how to make some money from home, I would be grateful for your advice!! And to know what you think of the home surveys and all, and how do you know if they are scams???

Thanks Ladies...

Baby_Kisses08

Asked by Baby_Kisses08 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• It's pretty hard to find a decent work at home job, otherwise everyone would be doing it! I tried Melaleuca a few years ago, which is selling "natural" products and make up, but it was a total scam. I'm glad I got out when I did. Be weary of "businesses" where you have to put ANY money up front. You can try working at a daycare where you can take your daughter with you. Or since you mentioned a spouse being out of work, try finding something part time while he is home with the baby. Offer to babysit family/friends kids for a lower fee than their daycare. Oh, my aunt-in-law works at home as a transcriber, she types out the conversations on tape for an insurance company and supports herself and 2 girls off that. Good luck to you!
    TheSinFamily

Answer by TheSinFamily at 6:33 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I personally have had luck with the independent consultant type "jobs". I'm a Scentsy rep (www.scentsy.com/14010) and used to sell BeautiControl. Of course these are money "up front" but if you are doing your "job" you will get a paycheck. I guess it depends on the person's motivation. As PP said, you could also get a part-time job while your hubby cares for your child then you wouldn't have to worry about daycare costs. Good luck to you.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 7:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I have had great success with www.freedomathometeam.com/clanders. it's worth the try!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I am an online tutor and instructor for my college and it is a job, not a home business. I like knowing how many hours I have and how much I'm getting paid and when my check is coming. I don't have to leave my daughter to do this. I've also heard of doing data processing and stuff from home. Work is out there!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Well, I have put together a website that might be perfect for you!  What I have done is create a place for your to find unique ideas for businesses you can start right now, if you want!  You could start work in the morning if you want!  My website is http://www.stuffformoms.info/.  This website is divided into sections.. the first page being the ideas for your business.  Now what makes this unique is that I have created links back to my very own personal businesses so you can see just how easy it is to start.   My business links are Virtual Assistant, Advertising Service and Errand Service.  Feel free to use these as examples if you wish!  The next section is my Freelance jobs links.  You can make a business out of doing freelance jobs as well! 

pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 9:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• About the surveys, I don't think it's worth it, believe me, you spend 20-30-45 minutes on a survey and you're getting paid $0.25 up to 1 dollar (rare cases) And they are just so annoying. There are companies that hire home based employees, you need to do research on them, I do have a Microsoft Word Doc with websites that hire HBEmployees. You could also try doing freelance jobs, oh and by the way, I don't do Malaleuca, but I know it is not a scam, just like many other network marketing business. I do a different one, and I do get paid, I have fun, I use the products and i am 100% confident in them. This type of business it's not a scam, it's just not for everybody, it takes lots of motivation and willingness to learn and be coached. you can e-mail me at wealthandhealthsol@gmail.com and I'll send you the list of companies that hire home based employees, if you don't wanna do a business, these are real jobs!
    Best of Luck
    promisenatalia

Answer by promisenatalia at 1:11 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Oh and by the way, about asking money up-front, that's just if you want to start a business, not a job! And malaleuca is a biz opportunity. Do you know of any business that doesn't require investment? It's different from a job, you get to set your own hours, and you're paid for your input in it, for your work, for your effort! For a real job, NO, you shouldn't pay money!
    promisenatalia

Answer by promisenatalia at 1:14 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Try www.arise.com & www.workingsol.com for at home jobs. They are few and far between.... You more then likely will be put on a waiting list & if something comes up you will be contacted. GOOD LUCK! I have a friend who does the survey thing.. She does pretty good.. I honestly don't know a thing about them.. I've never tried them. I have my own HOME business w/AMERIPLAN. I searched for two years for something to do.. unlike you I've never been "burned". I researched everything that came my way... It comes down to doing something that you love.. Or else it will never work for you or your family. Ameriplan had everything I wanted... It helps people w/affordable health programs & offers me a residual income. Let me know if you want more info.. on Ameriplan , arise or workingsol. I also know of CSR from home w/ a great co... but it depends on where you live..
    Olga
    owalker

Answer by owalker at 11:13 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I sell Gold Canyon Candles and I make great money with it. I would love to chat with you more about it if you are interested. My e-mail address is taben04@yahoo.com You can also check out my website at http://mygc.com/tarapiotrowicz Have a great weekend. ~Tara
    Tarabon

Answer by Tarabon at 4:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• If a survey site is not a scamm, I don't see how you can get paid enough $$ to make it work it. Thee is so many free offers that you can do, then you have to start giving out your credit card # to do trial offers to get paid. Trust me...I've tried them. Now I am with AmeriPlan. If you would like to work in the health care field, from home, as independent business owner with Daily Pay, Monthly Residual Income, Free Benefits Package, 401K Plan, Full Team Support, and Training, this would be a great opportunity for you. If you are interested, IM me.
    http://freedomathometeam.com/pattyqm

Best of luck to you!
    GoGreenMom68

Answer by GoGreenMom68 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 31, 2009