I wonder about specific condition involving acne/dry skin/flakes that gets no good results---rather, even recieves WORSE results---that I've suffered from over 7 plus years amid effort to cure completely...wish for positive answer.

By the way, low-income status leaves me yearning for lowest cost, yet best results, available.

Buttonhole

Asked by Buttonhole at 2:53 AM on Jun. 15, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• I have to ask about the intensity of stress in your life, only because of my own personal experience. I suffered acne for years in my late 20s and early 30s. I also had a lot of sporadic stomach pain, vomitting and diarrhea that often left me dehydrated and in the hospital for a few hours on an IV drip. I never connected the stomach pain with the acne....the doctors couldn't figure out the stomach pain - all the tests were negative - Eventually I got up enough nerve to leave my husband and all my problems went away...acne cleared, no more pain, no more vomitting or diarrhea. The doctors then said it must have been stress !!!! I have to agree now !!! I never had acne in my teens, so to have it in my late 20s I knew there had to be a reason for it.
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 5:20 AM on Jun. 15, 2012

• Sounds hormonal.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:50 AM on Jun. 15, 2012

• Do you have redness, too? Rosacea will cause those symptoms, most acne products actually make it worse, and would also explain the flaking. If it is, it can be cleared up with two generic meds, but you need a prescription. You'd also need to switch to medication-free, extra gentle soap/moisturizer/etc like cetaphil.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:55 AM on Jun. 16, 2012

• Rosacea was my first thought as well.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 3:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2012