Michael Steele

Michael Steele
is the first Black RNC Chairman. Does the Republican party think that they can win the black and latino vote because they have the first Black RNC Chairman? I really am wondering, this is starting to seem like to me what McCain did when he put Sarah Palin on his ticket

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Exactly OP! I don't like Michael Steel, Ive seen him on talk shows before and I think he's a very ignorant man. Im black and I just don't identify with that party, so it doesn't matter if they bring in a black guy or a woman, they would never get my vote.

Anonymous

• He was picked b/c he is the best man for the job. I am an Independent, leaning more toward the Democratic party, but I did my research on him b/c another CM member suggested him when I asked if we could discuss a politician other than Obama for a day. I do not agree with all of his stances but there are many which I fully support. He as an intelligent man and I think that this is only the beginning for him. BTW, why is it acceptable to say that Obama was the best man for the job but not for Steele. A bit of a double standard if you ask me.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 6:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I love how quickly she played the race card here. Goodness, forget the fact that the man has extraordinary potential IMO, or the fact that he has level ground on his issues.
    Anonymous

• No, they want to improve the party and Michael Steele was seen as the best man for the job. I happen to agree that he will do wonders for the GOP, and I'm not even Republican, I'm Libertarian. Who really cares what color he is as long as he gets the job done. I seriously think that's what the party was thinking too.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Yes, for the same reasons that the Democrats did with Obama.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• There were SIX rounds of votes. It seems to me that the best person for the job was chosen. If some minority voters choose to cross party lines ONLY because of Steele's race, then I'd have to call those particular people ignorant--as ignorant as any American that voted for Obama just because of HIS skin color. Why can't we just get over the color of people's skin already and pay attention to the issues?
    sgalsmommy

Answer by sgalsmommy at 6:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Yeah but you conservatives love to say that Obama was only voted in office because he was black, so now the world turns. Your party is very inclusive
    Anonymous

• Ummmm....no. Republicans vote for the person they think is BEST person for the job, as opposed to Democrats who ALWAYS play "Identity Politics," i.e. Obama HAD to be replaced by a black man in the senate, Hillary HAD to be replaced by a woman in New York, etc.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• What ever makes it sound good!!! LoriKeet LMBO Excuses Excuses..

Where were all the black, latino, asian faces in that crowd? So my point is proven. Very inclusive crowd trying to look enclusive. too funny!!
    Anonymous

• one more thing

do you really think minorities are that stupid? Please!!!
    Anonymous