Should I take them or not?

My ex bought me some gifts while we were dating and never gave them to me. We broke up 2 weeks ago.I work with him and believe me, I don't hate him but we just had to many differences and wants in this relationship. He told me today at work (we work together) that he had bought me a couple things and one of the things was a caligraphy set. He wanted to know if I wanted it. He also said that I will be receiving something for valentines. Should I not take these gifts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Well if you are both under the understanding that it will never work out ever again I dont see the wrong in it. But if you think it might just be something he might be hoping will get you back you should not. But If he just wants to get rid of it and knows that nothing will come out of it. Go for it!! I would not send anything back though. LoL
    Bayareamommy510

Answer by Bayareamommy510 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Well if he told you what he bought for you & asked if you still wanted it then I think it's fair unless you feel wrong. If you don't feel right accepting them, you should probably just tell him to return the items. I'm confused about Valentine's Day though unless it wasn't a mutual breakup or if he ordered it way ahead of time.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 6:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• It all depends on who ended it ...if you ended it and he is still in love with you then I would not accept them bc then I would percieve that as leading the poor guy on....If it ended mutually or he ended it then I would see no problem in accepting the gifts!! xoxo
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 6:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I wouldn't accept the gifts. He should return them or give them to goodwill. Emotionaly it's not good for either of you for him to give them to you
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 7:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• taking them would be like leading him on. He wouldn't be wanting to give them to you unless he wanted you back
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 7:06 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Nope
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• unless you broke up cause he's gay, then chances are you would be leading him on if you took the gifts
    Anonymous

• Would it be wrong if I told him, if you want to and he said, I do...? He ordered the Valentines stuff in advance and I broke up with him because he was never there for me or with men but expected me to always be understanding because he has "issues". We were together for 2 years.
    Anonymous

• lol anon! well I agree it might lead him to think you still have feelings for him if you take it.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 7:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Me being me I would take his gifts. But would also let him know that this means no way we are getting back together.
    MrsGray30

Answer by MrsGray30 at 7:28 PM on Jan. 30, 2009