Anyone know where I can get this?

We live in NE Ohio (Trumbull County) and we are looking for a dairy farm that will sell raw milk to us (unpasturized). My family used to purchase it when I was little, and I want to go back to making my own butter/cheese and teach my daughter how to do these things. Does anyone know of one in this area? We have no problem signing a waiver.
There is a web site that lists dairy farms that do this, however, the nearest one to us is in NY state. Thanks!

plylerjones

Asked by plylerjones at 7:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Have you thought about placing an ad or taking a drive and asking someone at a nearby farm?
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I wasn't sure if placing an ad would work - I was afraid that no one would answer it, thinking I was a FDA spy trying to bust them for selling unpasturized dairy! We pick up the local Farm & Dairy newspaper but there aren't any listings. There is a dairy farm in our town, but it's small and I don't think they actually sell milk any longer - my BIL worked there a few summers ago and said it was all beef cattle now.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I would still try it and see,you can always sign a waiver as you stated to give them comfort to your intentions.
    Or word of mouth to locals in your area that may know of a farm.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 7:50 PM on Jan. 30, 2009