Looking for adoptive family

My dear friend has been thinking of finding an adoptive family for her unborn child. She's looked into many agencies, and doesnt know where to begin. I know slightly more about the adoption process then she does, so I've been helping her out. As far as agency goes, she's rather just have a private adoption. She wants to talk to a family and choose one based on what she thinks will be best for her child. She isnt 100% on choosing adoption. She needs to know she has options, that people arent going to force anything on her, and that the family will be understanding of the hard decision she'll make. I'm looking for adoptive families. Where can I find them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Adoption

• have you tried looking in the paper? im always seeing couples looking for a child to adopt in the classifieds. especially the sunday paper.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I have a background in family law and have another question for her. private message me if you want,glad to help.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• May be a family member could adopt her baby. That way the baby is in the family and she could see it.
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

•                       I have some questions, would you, please send me a message!angel

mysa

Answer by mysa at 7:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Please dont judge when you do not know the circumstances. If you are familiar with adoption agencies/lawyers you will see that some pick out families for you. Yes they go on your specific wants and desires for your child, but nonetheless, it's not always the bmom that gets to search through these families. They pick out ones on your behalf based on what you tell them, so that you will not be bombarded or stressed through the process.
    Anonymous

• There are groups on here for families that want to adopt. If you read their stories, there are a lot of really great families that are trying to find a baby to love. There are soooo many different types of women, that I would bet she could find someone that she "clicks" with pretty easily.
    I don't think it's as hard to find a family for your baby as it is for these families to find you!!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 8:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Please private message me I have some questions. Thanks so much
    ktm786

Answer by ktm786 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I only want to say this, If your friend does give her baby up for adoption to please ask her to give any and all medical information to the family who will adopt her child. And also if she can to make sure she gives them at least one good picture of her self. The MEDICAL information is very important, some day when this baby grows up and they start a family they will be ask about there medical history. They need this information from both parents.
    From a Adopted Mom who knows.
    Anonymous

• i gave up 3 for adoption and they went to the same family. i was a teen with the first 2 and i picked them out myself. what i did was called my bishop and ask him. he sent me to the adoption agency that our church has. i'm mormon. if she has a particular faith that she wants the baby raised in then maybe her church has an agency they work with. also there are lots of families to adopt. she can pick the right ones for her. maybe she needs to talk to someone who has been there maybe even 3 times. you can have her contact me if she is open to that. i have lots of sils too that want babies. i have 7 and 4 can't have any. so sad.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• There is a group on CafeMom called "Birthmothers trying to find adoptive families for no agency adoption" there are lots of people hoping to be matched there. It's a start.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 9:57 PM on Jan. 30, 2009