How do you motivate yourself to exercise?

Valleylily

Asked by Valleylily at 6:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• My bones are my motivation.  I have problems with my spine and pelvis and I'm at high risk for osteoporosis.   I was headed for a wheelchair if I did nothing, but since I've started exercising 9 months ago, I've completely turned that around.  Now I'm fit and healthy and I've lost 4 inches off my thighs and gained almost 2 inches on my biceps. 

Now I'm hooked on working out.  I'm pain free and have lots of energy.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2012

• I realise that I will never lose this weight without it- AND if I work out- I can eat more too ;)

I started again in mid Feb with a goal of doing at least 15 min of SOMETHING every day and now I am doing an hour most days...you also find something you lo0ve to do *I found Zumba :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2012

• My motivation is losing my baby weight. I also listen to upbeat music while working out because it really helps motivate me to work out for longer. Listening to upbeat fast music (Like LMFAO) while running I tend to run longer and faster than when I don't.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 6:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2012

• Feeling good and being healthy is what motivates me, getting that endorphin high is what motivates me, being 63 and still getting these feelings is what motivates me. looking good motivates me. it also motivates me brain wise.....I let out stress this way, and last but not least music motivates me too......

Answer by older at 7:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2012

• I put my shoes on and close the door behind me. There are many days I feel just too tired, but I know working out increases energy and feeling good overall, so I just choose to make it happen. The hardest part really is putting your shoes on and getting out the door.
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2012

• d best way to encourage urself to excercise,take ur clothes off look in the mirror ,hold on to the areas of ur body u hate,then just get tire n disgusted n tired of lookin lik this ,work 4 me,i just get to it lik i love.(:
    nathalie84

Answer by nathalie84 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2012

• A few easy things:
    -Run a treadmill, bike, stretch or find another exercise (flutter kicks, for example) to do while watching tv. It helps keep your mind off of the fact that you are exercising and you kill two birds with one stone.
    -If you run outside or on the track, what I will do sometimes is I will run and mark/target something. My goal then is to pass that target. Once you pass that target, set your next target. (Tips: 1. Target has to be within your line of sight or will be too difficult in the beginning 2. A target that is running/jogging/moving is a bigger challenge.)

I train people to run marathons :D
    yuareloved

Answer by yuareloved at 5:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2012

• Sadly there is nothing that motivates me to do that.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2012

• Lol, Meooma. I have been exercising more because I have a bike in the house and I watch movies :P. I want to stay healthy for my husband and kiddos!
    Valleylily

Comment by Valleylily (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2012

• Motivation is different for everyone I think, But, it's something I find for myself, and I think about my son, and wanting to be more active and around for him as he gets older!
    good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2012