How long would it take for HCG levels to return to 0 after chemical pregnancy?

I had a miscarriage in April. Since then I have had 1 regular menstrual cycle and spotting for almost two weeks.
I had been monitoring for ovulation but had
not seen any positive result. My doctor did an ultrasound which indicated that I had ovulated.
My husband and I continued to try and conceive.
On May 30th a blood test showed HGC level of 107, 48 hours later it was only 111. My doctor stated this was probably a chemical pregnancy. She did an ultrasound which revealed no signs of pregnancy and stated that she be expecting a heavy period. This was June 1st. I still have had no period, and took a home pregnancy test which came out positive. My question is how long would it take for the HGC levels to completely decrease after chemical pregnancy?

lachick212

Asked by lachick212 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2012 in Pregnancy

• I would expect about 4-5 weeks. It often doesn't take that long but that's a safe average.

I'm sorry for your losses.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 8:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2012

• I would go back to the doctor and have another blood test on Monday or Tuesday. If you haven't had the period then you haven't yet had the miscarriage. And it's been 2 weeks, if your HCg levels haven't gone up or have gone down they might want to help you jump the process by medication.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2012

• It took me 6 months before my level dropped to 0. I had blood work done every week through the whole 6 months to keep an eye on the hcg levels. They rose for 2 months before they started to fall. Everyone is different though.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 1:55 AM on Jun. 17, 2012

• I have had two miscarriages. The first one, it took three months for it to hit zero. I had regular periods but would have spotting at ovulation. At my third month post miscarriage I passed a "mass" (TMI sorry!!), it was called "products of conception" and my hcg went to zero within one week. My second, I went to zero within 4 weeks. I would ask your doctor to do an ultrasound to make sure that there is nothing in your uterus that did not come out. Until that number is zero, you will get positive tests. I am sorry for your loss. =(
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 4:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2012