Going to a new house - food

I am moving to Missouri since in about a month there will be no room for me here at SO's parents house. I am still on food stamps and will be moving about a week to a week and a half after next months funds come in. Do you know if I am allowed to spend that in Missouri to put the initial stock of food in the house even though I would have been rewarded those food stamps in another state? I have a 1yo and it will be just us. How long does it take to start receiving food stamps in Missouri?

On another note... it will have been some time before I purchased for a completely empty fridge what do you recommend I get first? So far I have milk, eggs, flour, salt, pepper, peas, green beans, some lean beef I can freeze, tuna fish, bread, and mac n' cheese. Its a quick list while she eats her dinner. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2012 in Shopping

• you can use stamps out of state. I see no problem with you using the money this month to stock your new house, since they were awarded while you were still living in that state. After that you would be required to reapply in the new state and notify the other state of your move. It may even transfer... I can't remember...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2012

• Which state do you live in now?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2012

• i moved from ohio to indy and had no problems with using the last of my card. and i even used them in mich and pa when we went visiting. they don't mind just remember to close your case and make sure you get a copy of your file before you leave state. you will still be able to use your card until all the stamps are gone.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2012

• Bump for new fridge shopping list ideas... 

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Jun. 16, 2012

• Butter, other than that it depends on what you eat. If you do sandwiches for lunch you will need any condiments (mustard or mayo).

Answer by missanc at 3:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2012

• , cereaL butter ,
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 10:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2012