Hey, any young moms here who breastfeed?

I just wonder do most young moms just use formula, because they dont know how much better breastfeedig is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think age has anything to do with it. You can be uneducated at any age. I had my daughter at 22, which some people may consider a young mother and I breastfed her for over 2 years. At 25 years old now I plan to do the same with my child due in June.
    Anonymous

• i was 17 with my first i breastfeed him. I think people choose to use formula because its what works best for them. You shouldnt judge people who choose not to breastfeed its not for every mother.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I was barely 18 when i had my first child. I knew how much better it was to breastfeed so I did. I was having an extremely hard time producing milk and breastfeeding was taking everything out of me so i had to stop unfortunately after 2 months. I would literally have migraines everyday. The next baby that i have i am going to try my hardest to be able to breastfeed for longer :)
    momof2_july

Answer by momof2_july at 7:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• i had my first at 19 second at 20 and third at 22 i am now 23 and am still breastfeeding my 7m old as i did my other two my baby is 7m and never had a bottle and i make her homemade baby food so age has nothing to do withy knowledge
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Like the previous poster said - there are plenty of women from older generations who are as uneducated about breastfeeding as a 13 year old may be.

Me - I am a young mom breastfeeding my 16 month old still.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 8:00 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I was 17 when I got pregnant turned 18 3months before I had my son in Jul06 and I breastfed my son for 6months and yes i definetly knew how much healthlier it was. My son is now 2 1/2 and never is sick and is so happy.
    TSSN88

Answer by TSSN88 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• i am 21 yrs old with 2 kids ages 6 and 8 months an d i am breast feeding my 8 month old
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My friend was 17, she nursed. I was 19 and I nursed for 21 months :)

I think some young mother's aren't educated nor have support.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• educated about breastfeeding, sorry..
    celticreverie

• Why would age be a factor in whether or not a mother breastfeeds? I'm 21, and am breastfeeding my almost 8 month old, and plan on continuing to breastfeed. I don't think age has anything to do with what kind of mothering decision a women makes, and it's people like you with that kind of mentality that give young mothers a bad reputation. Young or old, we all have access to the same information.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 8:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2009