Why does society accept men the way they are.. looks, attitude

Men can be bald, ugly, fat with a bad attitude and society still ooks upon them a great. A woman on the other hand have to be perfect. Men are more likely to get paid more than women and get better job offers. I know times have gotten better ladies but we still have along way to go. You know the old classic tale. If a women sleeps around she is a bleep bleep. If man an does he is the MAN.

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 7:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I am 5'7 125 lbs. have one child no stretch marks, and a pretty good catch. My s/o is 5"11 220lbs and a little uhhhhhhhhhh chubby. However, he makes a ton of money. He has chicks throw themselves at him. I have seen it, and I have seen him turn it down...Men are valued by their status, job, honorability, loyalty, etc. But if a woman is unattractive they are screwed....You never see any good lookinh homeless people do you,,,,Its a fact of life...If you are an attractive woman you will never suffer....period...Its just the way it is. They outnumber us...They have the upper hand, and that is the way it is...I can say that a man still respects a woman with old=fashioned values...they need to be loved, wanted, needed, and taken care of...They do not prefer independent women.....Sorry ladies that is just how it is...I am a counselor with a psychology degree...I know what i see...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:11 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• i know what you mean and i have no freakin idea just like how when people are in relationships and the girl has be in shape and all hot and stuff and the guy desnt have to do anything i just dont understand
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 7:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Maybe in the ghetto sleeping around makes you the MAN, but not in my universe.

Men don't have a choice about going bald or not, so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

I think you're just having a bad day. Women also get away with stuff that men can't. If a mom kills her baby, she's post-partum and gets sympathy. If the dad did that, he would be in prison for life.
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I know it sucks, sucks. When I go somewhere with my fiance he can wear torn jeans and not cut his hair or what ever. When he introduces me to friends they run up trying to check me out ( women and men) Sometimes if I didn't get my hair done or something I refuse to meet his friends because of how critical people are. I hate it.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 8:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Alabama just passed a law (or so I read today) that there has to be equal pay for men and women. It's a start.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Justamom does not get it. I am sorry with all respect... all respect. However, men can be bald is what my topic is about and society will say he is sexy. If a women goes bald not sexy. I am not talking about celebrities. Open your mind. I am not having a bad day at all. I am just here asking questions in the question section of cafemom.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 8:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I'm sorry, but women are just as critical of men's appearance as men are about women's.

For every bald guy who seen as "sexy", there is a bald guy that women won't give the time of day to.

How many tall women will dare go out with a short man?

How many women make their man shave his chest or back or whatnot?

How many women judge a man by how big his dick is? Or how much money he makes?

Do you see my point here? For every shallow, judgmental man there is a judgmental, shallow woman. Don't blame "society". There is no "society", there are individual people, good and bad, smart and stupid, and everywhere in between.
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• that is not true im a woman and im a firefighter and i came in top 3 in my class out of 413 men they treat me the same
    Anonymous

• Who cares, I am who I am, and I wouldn't waste my time on anyone that didn't accept me. I don't need "society's" approval, what the hell does that even mean anyway. If you have self confidence then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. You can't look to others for approval.
    Anonymous

• Men judge men more then we think. They just dont want to admit it. In the boys locker room in high school they look at each other and judge. Women we are not left out. We are just the reason to make our men look good. Always you see a fat, beer gut bald man with a beautiful women to his side. I bet not everyone's husband is a brad pit- tom hanks. But we support them as if they were. Right. Women wages vary from mens in most jobs due to the perception of mental focus. Test prove men lack in most working skills women reap in. Women have all rights to the higher pay. Not for she is a women but for her work ethic. Same as men. I travel around the US and have worked in over 7 states and see the difference. But the one thing I have noticed if you earn respect more than sexual attention your pay check may go up in $$.. Get a company's respect (work as hard as a man) and get that raise you want.
    1ontheway

Answer by 1ontheway at 9:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2009