has any one had the IUD

i just got it and was wonndering if anyone can tell be anything about it such as you experience and anything else i got the 5 year one

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 7:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had the copper IUD which is the 10 year one and doesn't use hormones so it may have different side effects. I did have very heavy periods with it. After 2 years I started getting very painful ovulation which stopped when I had it removed, but the good part is we wanted to get it removed anyway to try for our next, so it came at an ok time for us.
    Anonymous

• i have the mirena iud and my periods were not regular at all. for the first 6 months i would have a light period for an entire month then go a month without one. but now i dont have a period at all. ive had it for a year and no problems so far :)
    momof2_july

Answer by momof2_july at 9:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I've the mireana for almost a month now. I couldn't really tell you much now but, I'm still spotting a little, and I just skipped my period.
    CadensMama117

Answer by CadensMama117 at 6:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I have mirena. I like it. I am not so moody. And it is nice not to have to worry about taking a pill every day or changing the ring every three weeks. Periods are far and few between.
    Kayeann

Answer by Kayeann at 11:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2009