What should I do about these neighbor kids ????

Almost a year ago we moved into a great house, on a great street -- The only "bad" house is teh one beside us - someone bought it and turned it into 2 dumpy apartments...

When we first moved in we were warned about the people living in one side of it, and there are alot of things we dont like about them -- for instance we KNOW they do drugs..... BUT we have rarely had any contact with them , so things havent been that bad...

Well a few months ago people moved into the other side -- a woman, a man, and his 2 kids....

we KNOW they sell drugs!

People are in and out all day long ( we actually called the cops once and all they did was park outside their house for 15 minutes, like they expected to catch them in the act if they didnt notice them *rolls eyes*)

Well the last couple of days we have been working out in our front yard ( landscaping) .... those kids would come over and sit in front of the house and look at my kids, so I told my daughter she can ask the girl ( who looked her age) is she wants to play on the porch with their barbies...

Everything was fine at first, but then the little boy came over and I am pretty sure he stole a few of my sons little cars ( he would nervously look around, them hold the bottom of his bunched up shirt and say he had to go home real quick, and then come back a minute later) ... I then found out after talking to them they are alot older than my kids ( but are very tiny) the boy is 8 and the girl is 9 -- my son is 3 and daughter is 5 ...

Then there is their dad - I see him walking around all the time - he has a fake limp and walks with a walking stick - obviously he gets some sort of disability money for it ...... and I KNOW it is a fake limp because I will see him playing football or frisbee int he yard or like today I seen him take a "little pouch" acorss the street to a parked car and the RUN effortlessly back across the street... He came over and kept trying to ask me if he could mow our lawn or do some yard work since he was low on funds -- I told him no, that we could handle it... and then he went on to basically ask me to watch his kids because " his girlfriend, just went and got alot of stuff from her husbands house" ( I seen a big truck full of junk and they were carrying it into their home" ....

I also found out ( from the 9 year old girl) that her and her brother and dad might have to move out for a little bit because his girlfriends kids are in foster care and the apartment is only suppose to be for her and her kids, and they wont let them come back because 4 kids cant stay in the tiny bedroom they have .... so they have to go away for a little bit until she gets those kids back .......... how stinking awful is that for a little girl to know that kind of stuff !?!?!?

Anyways, the problem for me is.... after awhile, I told them that we had to go inside and maybe they could play again some other time......... after we went in, they stayed in our yard.... almost 2 hours later a friend showed up so we went out to stand on the porch to talk to her for a few and those kids showed right up again, after my friend left I said we had to go back in and they asked if they could stay the night ! .. I said not tonight.... and yet they stayed ont he porch again

I just dont like it when kids do that, and I never know what to say to them, and I am also VERY nervous about her "parents" hanging around ....

What would you do ???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• Call CPS.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2012

• Tell them that they can play when you're out but have to leave your yard when you aren't outside.
    SaraD1989

Answer by SaraD1989 at 10:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2012

• Call CPS for sure .
    janderson595

Answer by janderson595 at 10:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2012

• but what would I say, I mean I cant prove they are selling / doing drugs without recording them ( which i cant do) .... even the police didnt do anything about that ......

Would the story the girl told me be enough?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2012

• Yes, they'll just do an investigation.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2012

• bump
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2012

• You need to get some Zombies to move in next door....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2012

• You can call the drug task force in your area and report a suspected drug house. We had a neighbor that was a crazy cat lady and she would spy on everyone. She noticed my next door neighbors having a lot of traffic and she called the DTFC and complained daily. She wrote down license plate numbers and kept a log of all the activity that went on at that house. The cops tried to bust them for a year, but they couldn't. FInally the cops went to the landlord and told her that they knew they were dealing drugs and when they finally bust them that she would be help liable too because they made her aware of it. They were evicted within 2 weeks. The crazy cat lady's persistence paid off. They wouldn't have done anything if she didn't keep harassing them.

I also agree about calling CPS.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2012

• If you KNOW they are selling drugs the answer is obvious. If the children are out late ate night unattended the answer again is also obvious.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:26 AM on Jun. 16, 2012

• I would contact CPS, they are not in a stable environment, obviously no kind of decent parenting is going on
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 16, 2012