I am interested in understanding the gifts women value most from their husbands?

As part of a research project I am working on, I am trying to find out what 'small gifts/gestures' woman value most from their husbands...for example, if your husband brought you something home, what would you want? (under 30 dollars)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I got a card from my fiance one day (he's in korea for the moment) anyway, he never told me he was sending anything, there was no special occassion. Inside it read "my favorite getaway is right next to you" with a couple sitting on the beach at sunset. It was sweet. My fav so far!!!
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 8:06 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• The nicest gift my dh got me recently was a stainless steel water bottle. I was always using old plastic water bottles to mix iced tea and could never find a bottle when I needed one and he had heard horror stories about the chemical leaching from plastic with continual use so he bought me the stainless steel one. I was impressed because it was obviously something I would use daily, which meant that dh had noticed enough of what I do in a day to realize I needed it! It was the fact that it was thoughtful and required him to notice a need that I had that made me appreciate it so much.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I loved it when he brings home Diet Coke. I adore it and always says to me "hey, honey I pay attention and you deserve a treat."
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 8:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• If he brought me home a little gift, I'd have to agree, a card for no reason at all would be nice. Especially if he put it somewhere that I'd find instead of just handing it to me. Flowers have to be cared for, I feel guilty eating chocolates, I don't wear jewlery.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• well my hubby doesnt surprise me often or spend more then 30 dollars if he does surprise me. Ive gotten flowers for no reason, for some reason i like being surprised with a little thoughtful thing like that and also a card that he has wrote something in.

shows he tryed looking for the best card he could and wrote what he thought.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I'm not really the type who need gifts.If there is something i need I will get it.I do appreciate though when I get things that my husband says made him think of me,ie running shoes that gave a portion of procedes to breast cancer. My husband is more about doing things. Like every Sunday after I have worked 80 hours that week he takes our kids to breakfast so I can sleep in. Fills my car with gas then washes it. He is the best prson I know.
    cevilsizer

Answer by cevilsizer at 8:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• my husband DID something for me recently and i know that you are asking about things that were bought but this was so sweet i have to share. my husband works the 2pm-midnight shift for the airforce. one weekend he had to work late and came home at 3am. anyway we were gonna have a beef stew crock pot meal that night so he decided to put it in the crock pot for me-since it takes 8 hours to cook. i guess he must have noticed that there was onions in it (which i hate) and at 3 in the morning he stood in the kitchen and picked out EVERY onion that was in the bag. it was so sweet. it showed me that he thinking of me and things that i dont like since i spend all my time thinking or doing things that he or my son likes even if its something that i dont like. :D
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• When my husband and I were just dating, he would leave me letters before he left in the morning, or if we were working opposite shifts, he would leave a note by my pillow to say goodnight.
    Now that we are married, I NEVER get those any more. I have even mentioned that I really loved them, but he is bad at taking hints. Those always meant the most to me.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• actually the best gift in the world I ever got was for valentines day.. we were broke and my bf of the time got a cd of love songs... so I came home from work, and he doesn't say a word, so I hop in the tub all pissed, (he knows I take about an hour in there, lol) and he went and cut out red paper to look like rose petals, and scattered them around the livingroom, and lit some candles, and when I came out he hit play on the cd player.. it was so romantic. The effort he put into it was worth more than any jewelry.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Any surprise. I think all women get flattered when their husband's unexpectedly brings home a little surprise gift, even if it's something simple like a card. A surprise shows that they are thinking about you when you least expect it and that they just feel like doing something nice for you for no special occasion. My husband has randomly brought me home roses, my favorite books and a watch (which was under $30)
    But most importantly it's the feeling of knowing your husband thought about you for no special reason other than he loves you.
    Anonymous