whats up with the new huge family fad?

seriously. i swear since the duggars and jon and kate plus 8 showed up on tv, more and more people feel they should be mass breeding. does anyone even care about overpopulation? geez

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• OMG like, jeez yeah - I mean, before TV -NOBODY had big families.
    Anonymous

• I have five children myself and I love it.Hubby and I take care of our kids so whats the problem? Believe me there are PLENTY of women still having abortions.If you are so worried about overpopulation I hope you do not support amnesty for illegals?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I don't think the families are a fad, I just think plastering them all over TV is. Everyone loves a good train wreck, it is rare to find any family who could come out smelling like a rose after reality show editors got hold of them, and the bigger the family, the more potential train wrecks.

TLC/Discover/one of those did a series a while ago where they profiled a different large family every week. The families ranged from supercalifundylistic to absolutely normal and just happened to have more kids than most people. Everyone complained that the shows about the normal families were boring and that either they were hiding something or that they ff'd through the whole thing on Tivo. But the train wrecks - people talked about those for days.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Between my husband and I we have 6 children. It has nothing to do with tv. Of course we get compared to the brady bunch so wait -- big families have been on tv before Jon & Kate.

njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 8:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My mother is one of 18 children.
    lmh3820

Answer by lmh3820 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• wow imh

My hubby was one of nine......3 of his siblings have passed away.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I have 5 brothers and 5 sisters, but only 3 kids of my own. But my parents could afford all of us, and now my poor mother has more grandchildren then she can count! We were never bored, though - always someone to play with or pick on. My kids now need to be "entertained" - you can't just tell them to "go play". It's a pain.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:57 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• It's because we are allowed to play God and multiples happen when you do that. Some woman don't believe in selectivly aborting or birth control....It's called Pro-Choice or wait would that be Pro-life??
    Anonymous

• Big families have been on TV for a while...eight is enough, brady bunch, seventh heaven, the waltons....
    Anonymous

• Humans aren't supposed to breed huge litters like hamsters. Twins or occasionally triplets are enough at one time.
    Anonymous