Showers & Registeries?

How many months in advance or weeks in advance should you hold your shower? If you are going to ask for the big stuff also, should you hold it sooner ... so you have time to get all of it. How many stores should you register at? What were some that you ladies registered at? Is it necessary to register at two, I have heard that people dont even get what you picked out of the registery. They just go off it to get an idea, is that true? What about the bedding, did you ask for it, or did someone buy it for you? Lots of Q's ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had baby baby shower really late like 2 days before i had my son i was haveing minor contractions while i was opening everything. but a good time f rame for the shower it about 7and a half months that way if you dont get everything you need you will have enough time to get it later on. I would reg. at two stores that way ppl can got to which ever store is closer to them , altho yeah most ppl dont buy from the reg they might look at it but they go and get what ever they want for the baby. I would ask for family member to go in together for the bigger things like the crib and all of that. And since most ppl dont buy from the reg if you have your shower around 7 months you will also have time to take everything back that you dont like or got 5 of the samething which more then likely will happen . I hope this helps you Congrats on the wonderfull bundle of joy coming your way
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 9:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• ok my baby shower was the month i delivered. definatly wait until after you know the sex of the baby. dont expect people to get you the big stuff-if they do its a nice suprise but if they dont then you wont be disappointed. go ahead and do your registery so its done but not everyone goes by that. i did the registry and nobody used it. asking for certain things is your choice. i asked my parents and my dh parents for the big stuff. if anyone else asks and you still need big stuff then give them an idea.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I would say you should register at about 5 months, and hold your shower at about 7. I wouldn't register at 2 stores, it will just cause confusion. I hardly got anything off my registery, people bought what they wanted to buy. Be sure to include on your invitations where you are registered. We ended up buying most of the big stuff. I didn't feel that it was appropriate to expect other people to spend that much money, but that's just me.

Good Luck!
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 8:27 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Well im 28 weeks and everyone is planning my baby shower already so...i went to walmart and made a registry today actually!
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 8:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2009