Is it normal for a 10 month old to sleep a lot more when teething?

I'm a first time mom and my son was born early, he spent a lot of time in the NICU before he came home so I'm very apprehensive whenever I see a change in his habits or behaviors. He's been sleeping a lot more during the day and still sleeps through the night. He's also been really fussy when awake, and isn't very interested in his bottles anymore. I know all this is most likely normal but I could use some reassurance and feedback :)

lpsmom711

Asked by lpsmom711 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Teething takes a lot out of them. Let your pediatrician know your concerns.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2012

• It could also just be a growth spurt...little brains develop a lot during sleep.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 2:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2012

• The fussiness sounds more like teething; and the sleepiness sounds like a growth spurt. Could be a combination of the two things happening simultaneously.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2012

• Every child is behaving differently in this period. You should be glad that he is calm and give you rest.
    oli2021

Answer by oli2021 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2012