cloth diapers?

I am about to purchase a few name brands of cloth diapers, because my husband would like to try it out for the little one that will be here soon. I was wondering if there were any moms out there that cloth diaper. If you do which name brand do you prefer to use?4. There are so many and I would like to buy the One Size Fits All. I just need to be pointed in the right direction. I have done so much reading online and some seem to be really good and then others I question if they would last long. Thank you for your time and advice.

JD08

Asked by JD08 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i havent bought them yet..but my mom told me she used them for my brother, my sister and me and said we never had diaper rash and it was amazing to use them...

you might want to also get diapers only because if you went on a walk with the baby and he/she pooped i highly doubt u want to be walking around with the smell of poo in your bag...so..also bring some diapers too :)
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 8:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• my sil using cloth diapers on her little boy (im not sure which brand) but it comes with a (i guess) absorbant thing that goes in the diapers. she love it. she has only spent 200 for those cloth diapers since he was born and hes almost a year old. i use regular diapers and i can tell you (my son is 2) we spend $30 in 2 weeks on diapers. its adds up and gets to be expensive.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• btw..i DO plan on getting them too...do u know if they sell them at walmart or something?
    MissKellee

• i use pre-folds with whisper pro wraps covers. i like these best. Good fit, not too pricey, and easy to wash.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 8:44 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• There are tons of CD groups on here! Go to my profile and joint the one I'm in! I make my own diapers. I reccomend buying diapers from a WAHM so you support the little man. I make diapers as well as TONS of others. I would suggest messaging coolmommyof3. Her name is Sherrity and she is the sweetest lady ever. She has really cheap diapers. I believe she makes a one size. Also, if you want to sew your own, RRP (google RRP diaper pattern) is free and one size. Good luck and welcome to the crazy world of cloth diapering...it's adictive!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 8:44 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I am in a fantastic cloth diaper group, and there are many on here. We are purchasing ours soon. We are doing a mixture of prefolds, pockets and all in ones :)

I have heard a lot of good things about wonderoos as well as bumgenius.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:00 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I prefer finding bargains by searching WAHMs..
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 9:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• good mamas!!!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Oh go to www.etsy.com and join a cloth diaper group. These women make some fabulous diapers. I will be buying a lot of my stuff from WAHM. Thanks liyoness for reminding me!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• We tried bum genius but the original ones and they didn't work for us at all so we didn't buy any of the newer ones when they came out. We as well, only use one size cloth diapers and my favorite is hautepockets. You can buy cloth diapers at walmart or walmart online but it's not really recommended because the quality isn't to good. And there are some people that do make some really good diapers, but i've also had some WAHM's that make diapers that leaked horribly so check they're feed back. Another good onesize is blueberries but they are rather expensive but have lots of colors and fabrics. And some people love happy heiny one size diapers but i have never tried them, just heard some people really like them, just like some really like the bumgenius. Alot of websites offer a variety pack of different brands you can try to see what you like better. Message me with any questions, and good luck.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 9:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2009