Does anybody else snore. Apparently I snore too loud for my husband to sleep with me. It hurts because real women aren't supposed to snore...only men apparently. Am I alone?

We have been married 18 years and although he doesn't mind sharing a bed for other things he said he can't get a good night sleep if I'm with him (although he snores too). I have slept on the couch, my kids rooms (currently I am sleeping on my daughter's lower bunk). The only reason I haven't gotten mad and taken over the bedroom is the mattress in there belonged to my parents and is 37 years old, saggy and nasty looking. I just feel I'm not a real woman because aren't mommys and daddys supposed to sleep together or at best the woman refuse to sleep with the man?

oliduskah

Asked by oliduskah at 8:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Yep, I snore, lol, just like every other real woman out there. I saw the trees with the best of em! Go back to your bed and sleep well.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:41 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I snore during the winter when the air gets really dry, and when I get a cold. Have you tried those strips that open your nose? My husband and I use them when we get so the other person cant sleep.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 8:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Uhhhhhhhhhhhh (looking down at my 36D front) I am def. a real women and honey I snore with the best of them! More people snore then are willing to admit. Have you ever tried those breath right strips? Do you have insurance? If so tell the doctor you want a sleep analysis done. My neighbor snored so loud sometimes we could hear her in our house. She had a sleep test done and now has a breathing machine at night for apnea. She no longer snores and is finally after 40 years sleeping soundly. People who snore really dont sleep well as most suffer from apnea. So, tell your hubby......that there are more of us then he thinks :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• mistynights234 you are so funny!!! I snore too and in fact wake my own self up while I'm snoring!!
    My husband has severe sleep apnea himself. Definitely see about a sleep study. Sleep apnea is a physical problem of the resp. symptom so it should be covered if you have insurance.
    Anonymous

• Thanks guys. Actually I do have sleep apnea (been tested in lab before) and had a c-pap for about a month (about 13 years ago). Unfortunately my insurance won't pay for it so stopped using it. Slept great with it although I looked like an elephant...lol! Tried every other home remedy and over the counter. Hoping if I ever lose weight (currently 215) it will stop. Am I right to feel bad about myself because of this. It is embarassing if friends find out we don't share a room.
    oliduskah

Answer by oliduskah at 8:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I snore. I found out by my DH informing me of it. Because he sometimes can't sleep because of it. I told him you do to. I am finally getting you back. He has kept me up many night.
    Once in a while he says I should go sleep in another room. I tell him you go sleep in another room, cause my snoring does't bother me. So we still sleep together, and complain once in a while about it.

Answer by louise2 at 9:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I know I snore if I have a sinus problem because I wake myself up. My husband snores so loudly that it does disturb my sleep. If he sleeps on his left side the snoring is less and I am usually, but not always, able to sleep. The problem then is getting him to roll over. I am going to ask him to talk to the doctor next time he goes. I do worry about apnea. He had asked the doctor years ago and the doctor said not to worry about it. But I think he should be checked.

Answer by Bmat at 9:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My mother-in-law snores a lot, and she found out it was because of sleep apnea. Talk to your doctor.
    Anonymous

• I have sleep apnea but before I found out my h left me saying he just couldn't take the snoring anymore. Since then I got diagnosed and got a c pap. It's not something to ignore. You can die from complications from depriving your vital organs of oxygen. You should get it checked out. My first dr just said record myself sleeping so he could see if I needed the sleep study. I did. Now they have an Autopap test they can do that doesn't cost as much as an over night sleep study if money is an issue. Ask your dr or call a medical supply place that deals in cpaps and ask them how to do it. Sleep well. My family loves that I no longer snore. I never did find another husband but I found out I like being single! lol My dd and her bf have been together ten yrs and they have separate rooms over his snoring. It's nothing to feel less of a female over. Get together for the fun stuff. Like dating again but without driving to his house!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My hubby solved the Snoring problem I have... He wears ear plugs everynight when he's home....
    It's so funny, he grinds his teeth and it bothered me so he put in a tooth guard and he drives a truck for a living and hates the noise at night so he's used to wearing earplugs when he sleeps... We are 36 and 39 and at night we laugh cuz we go to bed like 2 really old people,lollol But it works so you do what you have to do...... Oh and I agree Real women DO snore,lol
    Anonymous