• In the Spotlight:

Formual?

My baby has been on simulac since she was born but I have been readding alot about enfimil(they send me info all the time) Has any ever switched? With my oldest I kept im on simulac and never questioned it but it seems the enfimil might be better and a bit cheaper. Any suggestions?

mkmama3130

Asked by mkmama3130 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• isnt enfimil soy formula?
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Well, Enfamil is more expensive where I live. We started my daughter on Similac, but she had major gas problems with it. We tried Enfamil...same thing. She ended up happy and healthy on Goodstart! Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I would recomend Goodstart.
    hmomr

Answer by hmomr at 8:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• my son couldnt be on similac bc it caused blood in his stool (he was on the one with iron and i think it may have been too much iron) anyway next they put him on a soy based formula (im thinking it was enfamil) and he did not like that at all. i think it was the taste. regardless he ended up on alimentum (which by the way is 26.00/can of the powdered-thank god for wic). do what is best for your child and for your family. best advice i can give. nobody knows your children like you GL
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Honestly, I've tried both Similac and Enfamil and my daughter does best on Kirkland Brand (Costco's generic)...if you compare the ingredients and nutrients...it is a cross between Enfamil and Similac and it is about half the price.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Enfamil is not just soy. They have different kinds, like with iron, prosobee, and others.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I started my daughter on similac, tried goodstart, enfamil and a store-brand. she's on goodstart indefinately now. You just have to go with whatever the baby wants. if storebrand works go with that. atleast you know similac works so you can always switch back.
    aeryka310

Answer by aeryka310 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• there's no such thing as a better formula
    Anonymous

• I loved the enfamil lipil. Its supposed to be the closest to breast milk, and its great in brain and eye development. I just had to switch because my baby spits up a lot, but thats just him, the formula is good.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 9:55 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My son is breastfed but we had to start supplementing with formula...I chose Similac Sensitive because we know he is lactose intolerant and he will not drink Enfamil. It depends on your baby.
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2009