GYMBOREE

Has any one been to a Gymboree class with you kid? How much is it and does your kid learn from the classes?

hmomr

Asked by hmomr at 8:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't remember exactly how much it was - it was so expensive that we didn't sign-up. I'm thinking it was over $300 a month for one class a week.
    I ended up enrolling my daughter in mommy & me classes through our city's parks department. She loves them.
    What does she learn? Fun with paint & glue, basic ball play skills like kicking, throwing, and listening to the teacher, Climbing, jumping & balancing. She is learning how to deal with other kids wanting to sit where she is sitting or do what she is doing (and the other way around). She is learning to follow verbal directions for her teachers. She is learning to sit still for a couple of minutes during circle time and storytime. She is learning to participate in group activities like singing songs.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• we have done it since my little guy was 5month old. we pay $55 a month for unlimited classes a week, but we got in before they raised prices. they are franchised so prices will vary. gymboree was a saving grace for me... i was so lonely and bored as a stay at home mama... and through gymboree i met a great group of mamas who have become very dear friends. my little guy has always been a very social baby... but i think he has gotten out of classes... cooperation, sharing, taking turns (he can be very head strong... so this helps)
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Around here it is $65 a month, for 1 day a week class. You can also pay a little extra and go during the free gym hours. I think it is too much and not worth it.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I found the classes at the YWCA much more affordable. They are $15-$20 a month in my area. They offer music, art, tumble, and playtime/storytime.
    Vespa

Answer by Vespa at 2:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2009