i fried my hair!

i bleached the sh*t out of it (so bad i got a nasty chemical burn on my neck =/) and now its dead.... what do i do? its not green or anything (yet) but i dont know what to do! any DIY hair recipes i can make that have worked for you?

aliciatron

Asked by aliciatron at 9:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• What kind of dipping sauce did you use for that? I've been trying to find a good one...
    Anonymous

• ranch :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• KPAK reconstructer by joico its the best!!!!
    onelovedmimi

Answer by onelovedmimi at 11:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• i have that!!! i should just leave it on for 30 mins huh?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:08 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• The KPAK is good, no great. When you think you've got the handle on reversing the damage, I HIGHLY recommend that you get PROFECTIV Mega Growth (sold in the African American section)..... it did a world of good for my hair when it was at its worst. Good luck honey.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:25 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• ahhhhhhhhhhhh not trying to be rude in any way-but if you cant afford to go to a salon and have your hair professionally bleached blonde,your better off sticking to colors a bit warmer not involving bleach. So many women do it themselves and they RUIN their beautiful hair.Bleach is just something that should be doneONLY by someone WELL educated on the proper and healthy way to apply bleach, or anything near platinum locks.Im tellin ya,I finally found a stylist that is not only well educated on this particular subject, but is actually seasoned working with bleach. SHE IS AMAZING its hard to really find someone that knows what they are doing.Naturally a dark, rich brunette, thanks to my stylist ,now have AMAZING platinum blonde locks that I guarantee is the healthiest, prettiest, best looking bleach and platinum color job youve ever seen.I have been taught how to care for it correctly though too. Im your go to girl 4 goin blonde
    courtneynicole1

Answer by courtneynicole1 at 6:56 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• You need good deep conditioning. Be careful not to over condition it. Do not put any more chemicals on your hair. The only option you have is to let it grow out.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:43 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I Go To The Beauty School And Get An Apogee Treatment, When I Screw Up My Hair....Its Like $10
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 4:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Depending on how damaged your hair is sometimes adding color might improve the hair... If it's super blond you can add a blond toner... That way it fills the hair a bit... you cant put in the toner right away... wait a week or so... put a reconstructer every night until you tone it.. remember it will only bring your hair back to life if your hairs not that damaged. If your hair is in that gummy stage, LEAVE IT ALONE!
    Anonymous