Starting a Non Profit

We have an event we started doing for our school's Autism Unit (a group of our parents), we are getting bigger and really need to make it a non profit. I need to know where to start and the best way to go about doing this. Thanks for your help!

jeana

Asked by jeana at 9:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• Ask Jeeves how do I start a non profit and see what he comes up with. Also I would go to the library and see if there are any books on it. I have never tried to start one so I don't know.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 12:31 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Start with small things, have a dinner...spaghetti preferably...its cheap an u will make money...autism is so unspoken for, I am dedicated to that cause....email me or send me a message...i am curious
    Alexmygirl

Answer by Alexmygirl at 5:59 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• First do your research at IRS.gov. You will get alot of information to get it started to apply for your tax free number, filing the taxes at the end of the year, and be ahead of the game creating your plan. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:17 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Thanks! We had a run last year and raised a great amount of money, we have a lot more support this year, so it definately is getting big fast. I will check out the site, I needed to know where to go, so that will be very helpful! THanks!
    jeana

Answer by jeana at 2:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2009