GIVING SINGLE MOTHERS A FATHERS DAY CARD

there was a heated arguement of fb about a woman getting a fathers day card..but if 2 women are raising the kids together an no dad is in the pic due to incarceration or sperm donar..shouldn't she recieve the fathers day card..

SHORTSHORT

Asked by SHORTSHORT at 7:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2012 in General Parenting

• No two women in a relationship are still moms, not mom and dad,
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2012

• i dont understand why people care who does or doesn't get a father's day card. were any of those people personally affected by this woman receiving a father's day card?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2012

• When I was a teen I got in the habit of giving my mom a father's day card because she picked up the slack when my sperm donor split.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2012

• My husband said his mom was a father figure to him as well as a mother.
    It was she that taught him how to throw a ball, build a tree house, drives car etc. While his father was more involved in drinking.
    So I do believe that moms role in a child's life is as much as a fathers, especially when dad isn't there mentally!

So, Happy Fathers Day to all moms who play both roles in raising your child!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2012

• thanks PMS^^

i was going to make a question/post that sent fathers days wishes out to all the singles moms
    if the dad is nowhere, or just about nowhere in the childs life
    mom should get credit for being a dad too

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2012

• If a woman does the job a man is SUPPOSED to ; for what ever reason hes not there, she deserves it if she plays the role.
    SillyMomma

Answer by SillyMomma at 8:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2012

• I'm a single mom, and my ex is...well, calling him a douchebag is insulting to douchebags. lol

I've never expected anything on Father's Day. Mother's Day is my day. But I don't see the big deal in honoring a single mom on Father's Day either. My ex is nowhere to be found, so yeah, I do have to work harder by playing both roles for my sons. But they give me plenty of love on Mother's Day, so I'm good. :)

If someone wants to do something special for their single mom on Father's Day, I don't see a problem. And it doesn't affect anyone outside their family, so I don't see why anyone else would get upset.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2012

• as for two women rasing child - maybe two mothers day gifts
    or if one is feeling like a male- then why not fathers day gift
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2012

• I can't imagine caring enough about when and to whom a parent gets a card from their child to throw a fit over something like this. Seriously...not my business...doesn't affect my life...stupid thing to get worked up over.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2012

• I don't see why not
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 12:30 AM on Jun. 18, 2012