Fibroid

I'm 14weeks and my new doctor did an ultrasound and saw that i had a hugh fibroid, he didnt say much about it, just told me not to worry. I feel like he just said that so I won't worry lol...but i am worried. Has anyone had a fibroid while pregnant? was it painful? what did u do? please just tell me something

mzQ

Asked by mzQ at 10:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I honestly never had them or even heard of them. But I found this website with frequlently asked questions on it. Seemed like it would help! Hope it does :)

http://www.4woman.gov/faq/uterine-fibroids.cfm
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 10:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My sister-n-law has a large fibroid tumor and had 6 successful pregnancy. Actually, they shrank as the pregnancies progressed. I imagine the doctor will watch for growth. Any jump in growth is when things can get worriesome becuase it would if growing in the uterus lining be taking baby's space. Just look up information on it. So, next office visit you will be able to ask the doctor questions. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I had one before I even got pregnant this last time and didn't find out that's what my pain was until at my first ultrasound at 6 weeks. The doctors watched it and it eventually shrank so small that they couldn't measure it in my last ultrasound. I hope this helps. Good luck!
    kstap_4

Answer by kstap_4 at 12:43 AM on Jan. 31, 2009