laying down and bending over when your pregnant

is it okay to lay on your stomach or sit down and bend over when your 19 weeks pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I bend over, and I'm 27 weeks. As long as you can, I don't see a problem with it. You have to put your shoes on, at least! ;) And laying on it, you're not going to hurt baby. around the time that it becomes uncomfortable is when you should stop.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 10:52 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Yes its A ok i believe as long as you dont lay on your tummy when you have a big baby bump :)
    Araceli361

Answer by Araceli361 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Oh yeah and i still bend over the wrong way cause there is a way the doctor tells you that your suppose to bend over but i dont use that way lol and right under my belly starts hurting, like if it bothers the baby or something.
    Araceli361

Answer by Araceli361 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• if it doesn't hurt you you're good.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 11:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• You can lay on your stomach, I just don't see it as being comfortable, the baby is perfectly safe in there. And of course you can bend over. Only thing y our'e NOT suppose to do is sleep on your back once you're bigger b/c it cuts off the flow of blood to the baby and can hurt it, and only sleep on your right side for short periods of time, it pinches the blood vessel that brings blood to the baby, but doesn't cut it off, just slows it down. It's recommended that you sleep on your left side when you're bigger.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 11:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• The rule of thumb is, as long as it's comfortable than it's safe!!
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 11:38 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• they say after like 16 wks dont lay on your stomache..it'll eventually just get uncomfortable..im 28 wks (HUGE) and i woke up twice last night flat on my stomache! its my fav position so it sucks that i can't lay that way.. you'll get used to eventually just laying on your left side.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:42 AM on Jan. 31, 2009