This is rediculous, my son masterbates day and night practically nonstop. How long does this behavior go on?

I'm not trying to keep track of any of this. When I walk past his room or the bathroom he is almost always playing with it. He can't keep this up. I'm afraid he'll get caught at school doing this or in public.

JackieBudnick

Asked by JackieBudnick at 10:57 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• well how old is he??
    It's normal for a teenager, I'm sure, and as long as he's doing it privately, then really, there isn't much you can do. But if he's doing it with the doors wide open, I'd certianly explain to him that it's only something to be done in private quarters!
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 11:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• hes 10 i looked on her page, when my son gets to be that age im sure you can give me a few pointers ;] i like to pretend hes going to be a baby forever :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My sons 12, omg,lol What I don't know won't hurt me, lmao
    Anonymous

• I agree that there is no shame in it but it is called private touch for a reason. I mean seriously though he has just found out that it feels good...why wouldn't he want to do it. The sanitizer is a must lol.
    badd_kitten

Answer by badd_kitten at 12:09 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• There's nothing wrong with masturbation, but I'd be concerned that is seems constant. This would definitely warrant a conversation with his pediatrician. I'd even suggest a psychologist. It's normal for kids to masturbate, but I think there's a reason he's not able to control it.
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I think I would explain to him that he is obvious first. Then I would explain the privacy issues. And a last suggestion is to encourage him to slow down. Yes, it's normal, but it shouldn't rule his life.
    TreRose

Answer by TreRose at 12:58 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• My daughter does too at 10. dont now what to do too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Jan. 31, 2009